10.05.2009

vegan mofo: bbq tofu.



Hey, I live in the south and I love barbeque. Or more to the point, I love barbeque sauce. This is a quick and tasty dinner. For when you just don't feel like cooking but want something totally delicious.

We use frozen tofu. Thaw and press during the day. Freezing the tofu first really gives it a firmer texture. Grill it up in a bit of oil and put in a baking dish.

In a sauce pan, cook some onions and red pepper. Add your bbq sauce of choice, plus some tomato sauce and vegan worcestershire sauce. Cook it down for a few minutes and add to the baking dish. Bake it for about 15 minutes at 400, or until its nice and bubbly.

Favorite bbq sauce:

1 comment:

Gina said...

I'm glad to see you posting some recipes - your BBQ tofu sounds and looks delicious! I too am posting some vegan favorites this month. Your dinner looks wonderful on your handmade dinner plate!