10.02.2009

vegan mofo: biscuits and gravy.



A couple of weeks ago, Kenn asked for biscuits. Normally, I would just say no. I don't bake. And I sure as hell don't knead and roll-out. And what good are biscuits that aren't round. (sorry drop-biscuits, I'm just not that into you.)

But I figured I would give it a shot. We had everything we needed. So I browsed my cookbooks and most of the recipes were pretty similar. So I measured and mixed. And then I kneaded and rolled and cut and baked.

Way easier than I had imagined and so good. And now I can't stop.

Tonights biscuit: jalapeno and cilantro with lime (couldn't taste the lime)

Rest of the meal: Vegan With A Vengeance's Breakfast Veggie Chorizo (pg. 20) with the addition of some oatmeal flakes and flour to form into patties. With a nutritional yeast gravy.
Snobby Joe's on the side, cause that stuff is good.
Broccoli.

And today, instead of reading mofo blogs all day, I actually need to get to the studio! I can just feel my blog reader getting full and suffocating. How do you plan on staying on top of it all?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum! The fella loves biscuits and gravy, so we tend to do the rollin and cuttin now and again too. Takes a bit of effort, but very worth it.

I don't plan on staying on top of things with MoFo. I'll do the best I can and then catch up when things start slowing down after October. :)