Hi all! It's been awhile. The holidays had me in a bind and then, well, I just didn't feel like doing much of anything. But now I'm ready to get back in the game. So let's start off nice and easy, shall we?
A few resolutions:
1. Learn how to run a business, like for real. I very much feel like an amateur business-owner. Time to do some studying and researching and educate myself on good business practices and accounting.
2. Build a new website. This is currently in the works and will hopefully be completed in the next couple of weeks. I'm sure I will continue to tweak it and I will always want to change it, but I would like an off-etsy shopping cart.
3. Stream-line my "product line." I feel like I'm all over the board with the variety of items that I make. I love trying new techniques and glazes, but think I need to clean it up a bit and become more focused on a few key products. (Leaving plenty of room to work on experiments and new techniques though.)
4. Continue to develop my style. I feel like 2009 was a really strong year for me in terms of improving my pottery skills. But I do frequently feel like my work is not quite where I want it to be. And reading Kristin Kieffer's insightful post (and comments) on "Signature Style" reminded me that style will come. "It’s practice, exploration and attentiveness."
5. On a personal note: continue to eat healthy and cook the majority of my meals. Starting with the VeganMoFo back in October, we stopped going out to eat and put ourselves on a food budget. It has been really nice to enjoy cooking again and trying out new recipes. Hope to continue on this path.
Re-cap on pots I'm particularly proud of from this year:
That's all for now! Would love to hear your resolutions and suggestions for the coming year. HAPPY 2010!!!