1.11.2009

68-85.


I'm really enjoying this bowl-shaped mug. The last 15 will be handbuilt. Looking forward to doing some handbuilding!

Not only has this little exercise been good for building up my inventory. Its been good for refining some of my skills. One of my favorite parts of making a pot is trimming the feet. And I've trimmed a lot of feet lately. I take pride in my well-turned feet. So I'm going to show-off the bottom of my pots:



If you enjoy turning as much as I do, I recommend a good trimming tool. I bought a tool from Bison Tools (etsy shop) last year, and have been very happy with it. I used to buy new trimming tools every month. But haven't bought any since the Bison Tool came into my life. Would love to hear other trimming tool recommendations!

3 comments:

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Those bottoms are lookin' good!
Hey, I put a link to your blog on my recent post... Referring to the "100-Mug Challenge"! I've got my count-down started!

[nancy + andy] said...

Great Bottom!
Bison Tools are really the best - you can trim casting cements with them!
andy

Linda Starr said...

Love the swirl on your bottom, very nice. I was visiting a friend recently who borrowed my trimming tool (which isn't a bison) they asked me if mine was sharp - I'll bet those bison's stay sharp a long time.