10.26.2008

Love to Ayumi Horie.

"I love calling myself a potter; the word itself has no airs or smugness and carries with it a sense of timelessness. Nearly everyone, in every geographic place and at every point in time since human beings created settlements, has understood what a potter does; I feel I am part a meaningful continuum." -Ayumi Horie

Great quote from this amazing potter. Her philosophy and style are inspiring and ring-true. HUGE FAN!

(Plus she just raised $10,000+ for Obama/Biden by arranging a "Obamaware" sale with other potters on eBay.)

Interview here, in American Craft magazine.
Ayumi Horie's website.

2 comments:

jr said...

Obamaware! that sounds awesome. I'll have to check that out.
Just discovered your work though! Was mug-shopping. I just posted one of yours, along with others, on my blog. Assumed you wouldn't mind and thought you might be interested :)

Thanks,

J

jeanette said...

Hey rosetung!
Thanks for the blog post. Looks like you have a tough choice to make! Lots of great mugs on etsy, aren't there?