10.29.2007

I love it when a plan comes together.

tumblers, 10 oz.

small bowls, 6 oz.


I've been messing around with some handbuilding, when I'm not busying throwing on the wheel. I'm really digging these new forms. I'm hoping I'll have some time in November to expand upon these and have bunches ready for our upcoming studio sale.

These pieces are inspired by my mom's great cut-glass collection. As a kid, I would look at them in awe. The beautiful ring, the clarity, the weight. So, naturally, I decided to make a clay version. This are made from slabs of clay that have been impressed by molds. The molds were created by me from fake versions of cut-glass. You know- the cheap, plastic serving ware you find at potlucks and party stores. Maybe one day I will get up the nerve to ask mom if I can make a mold from one of the real pieces. Just kidding, wouldn't dream of it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love what your doing with inspiration from your Great-Grandmother Jahrling's cut glass.

Mom

Victoria said...

These are beautiful. The colors and designs... truly lovely!

Leigh said...

These are so cool! The designs remind me of a spirograph :)

Kelly Darke said...

I just found your blog from the Wholesale Matters blog...
I love your work - the textures are amazing!

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAWWWWWW!!!

Love them, I think this would be the next shipment :) Probably when Inyaki comes to join me in London.